To ensure efficient handling of your luggage at the airport and on arrival in Val d’Isère, you are strongly advised to use our bright yellow luggage labels, available from the YSE representative at check-in at Gatwick. Please write your name and chalet clearly on the labels.
Luggage on our YSE flight is limited to one piece of hold baggage up to 20kg in weight, and 10kg hand baggage (maximum dimensions 55 x 40 x 23cm) per person. You cannot combine or share baggage allowances with another passenger. They are strictly per person. Excess baggage will be charged at £11.00 per kilo.
Ski boots and snowboard boots are carried free of charge and in addition to the above weights, but they must be packed in a dedicated ski boot bag and YSE must be told you are taking a boot bag in advance of travel. This bag must not contain anything else other than ski boots or snowboard boots. If packed in your main bag or if you pack other clothing in the ski boot bag, these bags will be subject to the 20kg baggage allowance.
In addition to the above, you may take a set of skis (and ski poles) or a snowboard free of charge. as long as these are in their own separate single ski bag or snowboard bag that does not contain other items such as clothing or other equipment. These must also be pre-booked with YSE before you travel. No double ski bags will be accepted and any ski bag or snowboard bag that combines the skis/snowboard with clothing etc. will be weighed along with other hold baggage.
If you do not pre-book ski boots, snowboard boots, snowboards and skis with YSE, you will be charged extra weight for having more than one bag (even if within the 20kg allowance) and excess weight (if over the allowance). The current charge for excess baggage is £11 per extra kilo. Please ensure you contact the YSE office to ensure your boots and skis are pre-booked. The number of each booked for your party will be shown on your latest Confirmation & Invoice.
Please note that although skis are carried free, we do have a quota allowed by Norwegian. If you pre-book your skis close to your departure and our quota is full, we can still book your skis onto the flight but there will be a charge of £70 for this.
Infants under 2 are entitled to 10kg of baggage allowance plus a collapsible pushchair (which will be put in the hold at the departure gate) but no hand baggage.
Please note there are only lap belts on our transfer coaches.
Please note that these baggage restrictions are not laid down by YSE but by Norwegian. They may be different from information on the Norwegian website about other Norwegian flights.
IMPORTANT HAND LUGGAGE REGULATIONS
Each passenger may carry one item of hand baggage up to 10kg, with maximum dimensions of 55 x 40 x 23cm. These dimensions include wheels, handles, side pockets, etc.. Within your hand baggage you can carry small quantities of liquids if:
- they are in individual containers no larger than 100ml (3.5 fluid oz).
- the container(s) are carried within one transparent re-sealable or zip-top plastic bag with a capacity not exceeding 20cm x 20cm. You are responsible for providing your own re-sealable plastic bag.
- the contents of the plastic bag must fit comfortably, they must be easily visible, and cannot be packed on top of each other. The bag must be completely closed.
- water and other drinks, soups, syrups.
- creams, lotions and oils.
- gels, including hair and shower gels.
- contents of pressurised containers, including shaving foam, other foams and deodorants.
- pastes, including toothpaste.
- liquid-solid mixtures.
- any other items of similar consistency.
Hand luggage can include:
- electronic equipment including mobile phones, digital cameras and MP3 players (such as iPods).
- prescription medicines in liquid form, e.g. diabetic kit.
- baby milk and liquid baby food (the contents of each bottle must be tasted by the accompanying passenger).
- laptop (must be removed from the bag for x-ray).
Once in the departure lounge passengers may purchase any item in any store and take it onto the aircraft as normal.
AVALANCHE AIR BAGS AND AIR BAG SYSTEMS
Many of our guests enquire about taking air bags on our Gatwick-Lyon-Gatwick flight. Please call the YSE office to let us know you if you are taking an avalanche pack on a YSE flight as you will need to make special arrangements. On your day of travel, please be sure to mention to the check-in staff if you are travelling with this item.